English  -  Español

Forum

Forums have been closed.
We have not deleted them for historical reasons.

New comments will be in selected pages of Chronojump website.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Chronojump on MacOSX

09-29-2012, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 10:06 AM by xavi.)
Chronojump on MacOSX
1.- Download Chronojump

Install Chronojump downloading the latest file from here:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/mac/chronojump/
If you cannot install because you get the error message: "this software is from a undentified developer", then you have deactivate Gatekeeper. You can activate it again later. Here it's explained:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290?viewlocale=en_US

If you have installed Chronojump before, don't worry, you will not lost your data in the update process.

2.- If it's the first time youn install Chronojump in your computer, you also need

2.1.- Installation of Chronopic driver

Download the Chronopic driver from here:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacO...2_2_18.dmg
You will see two files. You need to install the second file.
Open Chronojump, connect Chronopic by USB, click on Connect Chronopics button.
Chronopic window will appear. If in the middle you see a selection box, and there you can select something like:
/dev/tty.usbserial....
then this means that the connection has worked. If it doesn't work, check again the driver installation.
When /dev/tty.usbserial.... is selected, then you can use Chronopic.

2.2.- Install R

In order to see stats, you need R. R is a free software that can be installed clicking here:
http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu/bin/macosx/R-latest.pkg
Find all posts by this user
12-19-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Chronojump on MacOSX
Also, we just tried using Parallels 7 on a MaxOSX 10.8.1 and Chronojump windows version worked on Mac and Chronopic was detected

If Chronopic is not detected, just run the archive on drivers folder. Here:

c:\archivos de programa\chronojump\drivers
or here:
c:\archivos de programa 86\cronojump\drivers

Cheers
10-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Andoni has updated MacOSX version of Chronojump:

This version works on Lion and Mountain Lion.
This version doesn't work on Snow Leopard.

This Wednesday we are going to test Chronopic connection and graphs

Cheers
10-10-2013, 02:43 AM
RE: Chronojump on MacOSX working!
Chronojump is working on MacOSX. See the top of the page to read the updated info,
11-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Encoder is working now. Updated instructions on the beginning of the thread.
11-24-2013, 03:19 AM
Updated with Gatkeeper information
01-07-2014, 07:14 PM
I have successfully ran chronojump on OS-X Maverick, but not seamlessly... are the win/linux version more stable?

Details following
2013 dec 30
Macbook Pro late 2011, 16GB ram, SSD HDD, i7
HD Webcam C525
(MacBook Pro embedded webcam wasn't suitable for wrong framerate)

BUG 1 - The video player shows a slightly accelerated video with the logitech external usb webcam, and significantly accelerated with the embedded MBP front webcam.

BUG 2 (general) - I experienced instability and frequent crashes, which anyway didn't slow too much the testing procedure. The bug occurred in several occasions, mainly switching from an athlete to another and in file I/O. Only once the test failed for a crash in the middle of a multijump test. The software is still usable, but really looks like an early beta version...

BUG 3 - I have found a bug in CSV exporting, which maybe affects other platforms:
if chronojump results show up, for example, flight times of 0,65s and 0,651s, the corresponding csv export converts them to ms to 65ms (wrong) and 651ms (correct), so I had to verify and correct all the data before giving away the file.
01-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Hello, I answer you in parts:

(01-07-2014 07:14 PM)fucur Wrote:  I have successfully ran chronojump on OS-X Maverick, but not seamlessly... are the win/linux version more stable?

Yes, The Mac Version is not stable yet. Expect a new version at end of January more stable. This first version for Mac OSX was just "a test".

(01-07-2014 07:14 PM)fucur Wrote:  Details following
2013 dec 30
Macbook Pro late 2011, 16GB ram, SSD HDD, i7
HD Webcam C525
(MacBook Pro embedded webcam wasn't suitable for wrong framerate)

BUG 1 - The video player shows a slightly accelerated video with the logitech external usb webcam, and significantly accelerated with the embedded MBP front webcam.

This I'm not sure if we will fix it in next version because we lack enough Mac OSX machines to do the tests.

(01-07-2014 07:14 PM)fucur Wrote:  BUG 2 (general) - I experienced instability and frequent crashes, which anyway didn't slow too much the testing procedure. The bug occurred in several occasions, mainly switching from an athlete to another and in file I/O. Only once the test failed for a crash in the middle of a multijump test. The software is still usable, but really looks like an early beta version...

This has to be solved before end of January. I know work can be done but feeling is pre-beta. Wait until end of January.

(01-07-2014 07:14 PM)fucur Wrote:  BUG 3 - I have found a bug in CSV exporting, which maybe affects other platforms:
if chronojump results show up, for example, flight times of 0,65s and 0,651s, the corresponding csv export converts them to ms to 65ms (wrong) and 651ms (correct), so I had to verify and correct all the data before giving away the file.

This is easy to fix and will be fixed also soon.

Note we have more time to develop from January to June. Then now is the time to fix all the things and to add improvements. Thanks for your patience, with bug reports like yours, software will improve fast!

Happy new Year!
04-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Updated.
10-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Chronojump is not Working on new MacOSX Yosemite, please wait untile beginning of November and we will publish a new version fixing it.

If you want to help in this task, you can do this:

- Search where MacOSX Yosemite has the "tmp" or "temp" folder. Check in any Mac users forum
- Try to open Chronojump
- send the file log_chronojump.txt to support@chronojump.org . This file will be in the "temp" or "tmp" folder.

We are now doing conferences in Chile so we need your help to publish the update faster. Thanks