English  -  Español

Forum

Forums have been closed.
We have not deleted them for historical reasons.

New comments will be in selected pages of Chronojump website.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

The software crashes/exits once I click the "Execute Test" button.

09-19-2012, 06:46 PM
The software crashes/exits once I click the "Execute Test" button.
Hello. This is my first time to use this software. I'm having a problem in performing a reaction time test. I was able to configure and connect the chronopic already, the chronopic window tab shows that the main chronopic is connected. The plates are already connected, once I step on the contact plates the green light shuts off then turns on when i step off the plates... My problem is that the software crashes or automatically exits after clicking the "Execute Test" button. I have tried re-installing the software a couple of times and this doesn't solve the problem.

I'm using a Lenovo S110 Netbook
Intel Atom CPU N2800 1.86 GHz; 2GB RAM; 500ish GB
Windows 7 Ultimate OS; 32-bit.

Thank you in advance!
Find all posts by this user
09-19-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: The software crashes/exits once I click the "Execute Test" button.
Wow! this is strange, because we published last version of chronojump 1 year ago and no other user complained about this problem.

Chronopic seems to be ok according to the green light thing.
  • Have you tried in jumps mode? I want to know if it's a problem only in reaction time.
  • Have you tried to execute a test without using Chronopic? If it's not plugged or connected from the software, then a SIMULATED jump will be executed.

Thanks for your input, surely if it happens to you, it happens to few other people that don't share their opinion. We will solve this in some replies. Thanks for your time.
09-20-2012, 02:43 PM
(09-19-2012 07:36 PM)xavi Wrote:  Wow! this is strange, because we published last version of chronojump 1 year ago and no other user complained about this problem.

Chronopic seems to be ok according to the green light thing.
  • Have you tried in jumps mode? I want to know if it's a problem only in reaction time.
  • Have you tried to execute a test without using Chronopic? If it's not plugged or connected from the software, then a SIMULATED jump will be executed.

Thanks for your input, surely if it happens to you, it happens to few other people that don't share their opinion. We will solve this in some replies. Thanks for your time.

Thanks, Xavi! I have tried the other jump modes and executed a test without using the Chronopic but the software still stops responding/closes... I have tried to use another netbook ( ASUS EEE; 1.7 Ghz; 320 GB Hard Drive; 2.0 GB RAM; Windows 7 Ultimate OS) and the same thing happens.
09-21-2012, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 08:20 PM by xavi.)
Hello Gerome

When you do a test in Chronojump, I think only in jumps, it tries to record it with a webcam. If your webcam cannot be used correctly the program can crash (but is rare). But then, webcam is deactivated in the next execution of the program until user changes this on preferences.

Then webcam is not the problem, because this can crash chronojump only one time.

The chronopic connection seems not the problem because you tell me that in simulated also fails.

Then what is failing can be a hardware problem or some last update in windows that will affect to more people and you are the first to report the problem

The best we can do is to see the internal messages of the program, this needs some commands.

You need to use the windows command prompt. On Windows click Start Button,then open the command prompt (in accessories).

There you have to go to the Chronojump folder, if it's in C:\Program Files, you should do this:

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\Chronojump\bin"

then you will be in that folder,you should execute:

Code:
rxvt -e ./Chronojump.exe

this will display a window with lots of information and open Chronojump. We are intereset ed in that information in the moment that crashes. Try to have that window maximized and capture screen (ALT + PrintPage) when crashes.

If rxvt command doesn't work, then try:

Code:
rxvt -e "C:\Program Files\Chronojump\bin\Chronojump.exe"

Cheers