English  -  Español

Forum

Forums have been closed.
We have not deleted them for historical reasons.

New comments will be in selected pages of Chronojump website.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Gait analysis with dogs

02-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Gait analysis with dogs
I was wondering if anyone has tried the contact platforms with animals, e.g. dogs. I´m working on a project to analyze the gait of dogs with different gait problems. Would be great to hear your thoughts.
And a special question, I know it might be to difficult, but I work with an underwater treadmill and I´d love to show how the gait differs from walking on land. Does anyone have an idea how to integrate contact platforms under water!

Thanks and greetings from Germany,
Kiki
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Gait analysis with dogs
(02-04-2014 07:27 PM)Kiki Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone has tried the contact platforms with animals, e.g. dogs. I´m working on a project to analyze the gait of dogs with different gait problems. Would be great to hear your thoughts.
And a special question, I know it might be to difficult, but I work with an underwater treadmill and I´d love to show how the gait differs from walking on land. Does anyone have an idea how to integrate contact platforms under water!

Thanks and greetings from Germany,
Kiki

In the present the contact platforms don't measure forces directly. In some tests like the drop jump or repetitive jumps we can calculate the average force of the propulsive phase but always in a very controlled conditions. The subject has to take off and land with the feet in the same position, the jump must be vertical, the drop jump must be performed always in the same way.
Depending on the dog it could be difficult to control all the parameters.

In my opinion it would be more useful a force platform instead of a contact platform, but the complexity of the first one is quite bigger. We are working in such a device but, unfortunately, by the time it's not available to the public.

I hope I'd resolved some of your questions. If not, don't hesitate to ask for anything.
01-23-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Gait analysis with dogs
In Bosco 1994, spanish book: "La valoración de la fuerza con el test de bosco" he writes on "elastic index" as a comparison between CMJ and SJ, (pag 97). I understand CMJ-SJ. This is related to elastic capacity by other authors.

adil