English  -  Español

Forum

Forums have been closed.
We have not deleted them for historical reasons.

New comments will be in selected pages of Chronojump website.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Steel rods contact platform

03-25-2009, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2009 08:30 PM by xavi.)
Brick Steel rods contact platform
We open this thread in order to discuss about the steel rod contact platform described here:

"Instruction on how to build a contact platform in order to measure the jump capacity"

http://chronojump.org/construction_conta...tform.html
Find all posts by this user
03-25-2009, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2009 08:30 PM by xavi.)
RE: Steel rods contact platform
(03-25-2009 02:41 AM)xavi Wrote:  We open this thread in order to discuss about the steel rod contact platform described here:

"Instruction on how to build a contact platform in order to measure the jump capacity"

http://chronojump.org/construction_conta...tform.html

Xavi,

I know that you guys used 6m of double cable but what kind of cable was it? Serial computer cable, USB Cable, etc.? I was trying to buy "double cable" but no store knew or could help me with what I need. What is the role of the cable to the Chronopic anyway? The cable is just there to supply information if there is contact on the rods or not? So theoretically, could the Chronopic understand other forms of cable, such as car audio cables?
03-26-2009, 02:25 AM
(03-25-2009 03:46 AM)Matrick Wrote:  [...] What is the role of the cable to the Chronopic anyway? The cable is just there to supply information if there is contact on the rods or not? So theoretically, could the Chronopic understand other forms of cable, such as car audio cables?

You can use any cable you want. We use that cable for this platform because peeled is more easy to do a connection with the rods. For any question just continue asking. Also you can supply photos of your platform when you finish it.

Enjoy
03-26-2009, 03:39 AM
(03-26-2009 02:25 AM)xavi Wrote:  
(03-25-2009 03:46 AM)Matrick Wrote:  [...] What is the role of the cable to the Chronopic anyway? The cable is just there to supply information if there is contact on the rods or not? So theoretically, could the Chronopic understand other forms of cable, such as car audio cables?

You can use any cable you want. We use that cable for this platform because peeled is more easy to do a connection with the rods. For any question just continue asking. Also you can supply photos of your platform when you finish it.

Enjoy

Ah I see so basically just like I thought. Yeah well, I guess I can finally go to work then. I will probably have pictures and videos up in about a 2-3 weeks, depending on when the Chronopic will arrive. Smile
06-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Xavi:

I'm planning to make a gait platform using steel rods. I'm thinking of:

-two platforms
-10 m long
-4-6 inches in between rods

What do you think?
06-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Hello, Jeffrey

Remember trainer told you this:

http://forum.chronojump.org/showthread.p...337#pid337

You need to consider that some people walk crossing legs or almost and this will be a problem in this design.

If I were you, I will do a 3m long and test it, and if you are satisfied then do the 10m or attach 7m to the 3m "platform".

Multichronopic is there to help you in this. With two chronopics at 50ms you will succeed. And always better to do it from Linux that manages better the ports (Linux doesn't have problems of arbitrary COM?? names)