English  -  Español

Forum

Forums have been closed.
We have not deleted them for historical reasons.

New comments will be in selected pages of Chronojump website.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Help me: problem reaction time

09-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Help me: problem reaction time
Hello I would like to submit a question: test 30 meters.
I have a cronopics, software cronojump, a platform-conductance, a button homebuilt, a photocell.
  The subject starts off from rest with one foot on the platform.
I would note the following times:
1) reaction time that elapses from the start signal (I press the button) to when the foot leaves the ground (take off);
2) total time from when a signal arrives at the finish line of 30 meters when the photocells are positioned.

Problem: I press the start button, however, not part of the time because the subject has his foot on the platform then the circuit is closed. How can I resolve this issue?
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: Help me: problem reaction time
Hello Nicola, welcome to the forum

1.- Cheap solution is to measure first the reaction time on take off, and then measure run:
a) take off: no platform. photocell connected to push button, athlete is with the foot just behind the photocell. When you press the button, athlete see the green light changing on Chronopic, and then he runs. When photocell is touched it ends.
b) run: athlete on contact platform has to run to photocell. (no reaction time).

2.- More expensive solution is to have button and two photocells and measure all together.

In my opinion, solution 1 it's ok.

Cheers.
09-13-2013, 06:28 AM
(09-10-2013 12:59 AM)xavi Wrote:  Hello Nicola, welcome to the forum

1.- Cheap solution is to measure first the reaction time on take off, and then measure run:
a) take off: no platform. photocell connected to push button, athlete is with the foot just behind the photocell. When you press the button, athlete see the green light changing on Chronopic, and then he runs. When photocell is touched it ends.
b) run: athlete on contact platform has to run to photocell. (no reaction time).

2.- More expensive solution is to have button and two photocells and measure all together.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply, but I want to know the time that goes by:
1) I press button - lights light up the detachment of the foot off the ground
2) total time from when I press button until you arrive 30 meters barrier or platform
If I'm not mistaken I think the only solution is to have two cronopic.
But my fear is that the athlete must always start with one foot on the platform then the circuit is closed.
From this condition I have to press a button to start.
If I use two cronopic solve the problem? Can you explain how?
thanks
09-13-2013, 07:16 PM
(09-13-2013 06:28 AM)Nicola Wrote:  

Cheers.

2) total time from when I press button until you arrive 30 meters barrier or platform
But my fear is that the athlete must always start with one foot on the platform then the circuit is closed.
thanks

Hello

You can use two Chronopics, but the problem in this situation that they have to be synchronized. To synchronize, one solution is to push them at the same time, but this is not precise, there's always error. It's better to have some electric connection to send send the synchronizing signal to both. We are not currently selling this, maybe we can do it, but it's better if you ask any electrician friend or someone in your workplace that makes it. Then, protocol is:

1st chronopic is connected to contact platform
2nd chronopic is connected to start push button and photocell at the end of the 30m
both chronopics are also connected to a new push button used to synchronize

Athlete is outside the platform
You click on a reactive jump test (unlimited is ok). Jump protocols is better for this because you will know contact time and flight time.
Press "Start" on Chronojump.
Then you synchronize both Chronopics with a push button connected to both.
Then person gets in the platform
Then you when person is prepared, you push your press your button
Then athlete see signal and runs.

You will need to do some arithmetic operations in order to get the correct time.
If this is ok for you then we can continue thinking on this.

BUT in my opinion is a lot better to have only one Chronopic, a photocell just in front of the foot, and another photocell at the end.
You press start button and then the person start running. When foot leave the ground is detected by the photocell.

Cheers
09-30-2013, 04:45 PM
(09-13-2013 07:16 PM)xavi Wrote:  
(09-13-2013 06:28 AM)Nicola Wrote:  

Cheers.

thanks

Hello

You can use two Chronopics, but the problem in this situation that they have to be synchronized. To synchronize, one solution is to push them at the same time, but this is not precise, there's always error. It's better to have some electric connection to send send the synchronizing signal to both. We are not currently selling this, maybe we can do it, but it's better if you ask any electrician friend or someone in your workplace that makes it. Then, protocol is:

1st chronopic is connected to contact platform
2nd chronopic is connected to start push button and photocell at the end of the 30m
both chronopics are also connected to a new push button used to synchronize

Athlete is outside the platform
You click on a reactive jump test (unlimited is ok). Jump protocols is better for this because you will know contact time and flight time.
Press "Start" on Chronojump.
Then you synchronize both Chronopics with a push button connected to both.
Then person gets in the platform
Then you when person is prepared, you push your press your button
Then athlete see signal and runs.

You will need to do some arithmetic operations in order to get the correct time.
If this is ok for you then we can continue thinking on this.

BUT in my opinion is a lot better to have only one Chronopic, a photocell just in front of the foot, and another photocell at the end.
You press start button and then the person start running. When foot leave the ground is detected by the photocell.

Cheers

Hola,
Creo que es la mejor solución para el botón con 2 salidas conectadas a 2 crono.
Yo prefiero usar la plataforma en la conductancia porque me gustaría utilizar el mismo sistema para estimar el tiempo de reacción en los atletas que practican el taekowondo.
El protocolo es el siguiente:
1) la firma del atleta con el pie apoyado en la plataforma.
2) Pulse el botón de arranque manual con iluminación LED
3) Controlar el despeje de un maniquí con un interruptor conectado a la crono.
  De esta manera me estimar el tiempo transcurrido entre:
a) Inicio manual de botón - Posición despegue de los dedos de la plataforma en la conductancia
b) tiempo total del botón de inicio y disparó sobre un maniquí.
El maniquí ya está configurado con los micro interruptores que cierran el circuito a soplar.
El único problema es, como siempre, la plataforma, que recae en el atleta se detiene el temporizador! Por lo tanto creo que hay que recurrir inevitablemente a 2 chronopic.

Hello,
I think it is the best solution to the button with 2 outputs connected to 2 chronopics.
I prefer to use the platform in conductance because I would use the same system to estimate the reaction time in athletes practicing the taekowondo.
The protocol is the following:
1) Athlete firm with foot resting on the platform.
2) Push button manual start with LED lighting
3) Check shot on a mannequin with a switch connected to the chrono.
  In this way I would estimate the elapsed time between:
a) Start button manual - toe-off position of the platform in conductance
b) total time from start button and shot on a dummy.
The mannequin is already set up with the micro switches that close the circuit to blow.
The only problem is, as usual, the platform, which rests with the athlete stops the timer! Therefore I think we must inevitably resort to 2 chronopic.

Thanks