English  -  Español

Forum

Forums have been closed.
We have not deleted them for historical reasons.

New comments will be in selected pages of Chronojump website.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

10 or 50 ?

03-28-2013, 10:15 PM
10 or 50 ?
Hi,
I still can not understand what is the difference between the setting to 10 ms and 50 ms.
I realized that using a carpet set to 10 ms could have problems with false contacts.
1) The change occurs by means of the software or hardware Chronopic 3?
2) If I use a carpet with a setting of 10 ms would jump height measures biased?
3) How do I understand how my Chronopic set?
4) How do I change the setting to almost between 10 and 50 and opposite?

Thanks to those who answer me.

My equipment:
Chronopic 3
Contact platform 1800x750 wheel
Velleman PEM10D Photocell
Chronojump software 1.3.6
Find all posts by this user
03-29-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: 10 or 50 ?
(03-28-2013 10:15 PM)Nicola Wrote:  Hi,
I still can not understand what is the difference between the setting to 10 ms and 50 ms.
I realized that using a carpet set to 10 ms could have problems with false contacts.

The change is in the Chronopic

(03-28-2013 10:15 PM)Nicola Wrote:  2) If I use a carpet with a setting of 10 ms would jump height measures biased?

No. Accuracy is the same.

in the 50 ms Chronopic: "A signal that comes to Chronopic (from the platform) and is equal or lower than 50 ms is not recorded as a jump". Jumps are higher than 50 ms, and this setting helps to avoid problems in platforms with lot of electrical connections where the signal doesn't come clear.

In runs is different because photocells send a signal more clear, more clean. also a runner's head is less than 50 ms "in contact" with the photocell. For this reason in photocells is better to use the 10ms setting.

(03-28-2013 10:15 PM)Nicola Wrote:  3) How do I understand how my Chronopic set?

Currently is difficult to know.

The best ways are:

1.- If you do a lot of jumps and runs tests, is better to have two Chronopics (one for 50 and one for 10) and put a clear mark on them.

2.- If you normally do one thing and occasionally do the other, then is better to change the firmware before doing tests. Changing the firmware is easy because we provide the tool "Chronopic-firmwarecord". This software is in Windows on Start Menu, in the Chronojump folder. Open it and just follow instructions. One user complained that the link to this software is not working in last versions, we will fix this in next version: 1.3.7 in a few weeks.

(03-28-2013 10:15 PM)Nicola Wrote:  Thanks to those who answer me.
Thanks to you to use the forum. Just ask again any question you have. Bye!
04-02-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: 10 or 50 ?
(03-29-2013 08:51 PM)xavi Wrote:  
(03-28-2013 10:15 PM)Nicola Wrote:  Hi,

The change is in the Chronopic

(03-28-2013 10:15 PM)Nicola Wrote:  2) If I use a carpet with a setting of 10 ms would jump height measures biased?

No. Accuracy is the same.

in the 50 ms Chronopic: "A signal that comes to Chronopic (from the platform) and is equal or lower than 50 ms is not recorded as a jump". Jumps are higher than 50 ms, and this setting helps to avoid problems in platforms with lot of electrical connections where the signal doesn't come clear.

In runs is different because photocells send a signal more clear, more clean. also a runner's head is less than 50 ms "in contact" with the photocell. For this reason in photocells is better to use the 10ms setting.

(03-28-2013 10:15 PM)Nicola Wrote:  3) How do I understand how my Chronopic set?

Currently is difficult to know.

The best ways are:

1.- If you do a lot of jumps and runs tests, is better to have two Chronopics (one for 50 and one for 10) and put a clear mark on them.

2.- If you normally do one thing and occasionally do the other, then is better to change the firmware before doing tests. Changing the firmware is easy because we provide the tool "Chronopic-firmwarecord". This software is in Windows on Start Menu, in the Chronojump folder. Open it and just follow instructions. One user complained that the link to this software is not working in last versions, we will fix this in next version: 1.3.7 in a few weeks.

(03-28-2013 10:15 PM)Nicola Wrote:  Thanks to those who answer me.
Thanks to you to use the forum. Just ask again any question you have. Bye!

Perfect Thanks!!