Chronojump English Forum

Full Version: Raw Data and Matlab with Encoder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I deleted this thread accidentally, I just add it here manually:

------------------------
------------------------
Nb2188: 03-19-2014, 01:12 PM
------------------------

Hi Xavi,

I´m trying to get out raw data from the encoder. I first tried with the Chronojump software, but unfortunately I only get the position Data for the detected phases. Is there a possibility to get the raw data displayed in the graph?

If not possible, I would want to collect the data with matlab, but I therefore need the Connection information, meaning Baudrate , Databits, Parity, StopBits, Terminator, etc. Do you have such information and could you supply this to me?

Thank you very much in advance,

Niklas

------------------------
------------------------
xavi 03-19-2014, 01:17 PM
------------------------

Hello, you just go to encoder tab, capture, and in the bottom: "Export all". This generates a CSV (spreadsheet file, like Excel).

If this Excel file does not work ok for you, go to session / preferences / other and there change the "export to spreadsheet" option.

Tell us if it worked.

------------------------
------------------------
Nb2188 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM
------------------------

Hi Xavi,

many thanks for your quick response.
Unfortunately this does not work for me. What I need is the whole captured position data (in mm), which is displayed in the graph.
In the spreadsheet I only get the detected phases. When I add them up, I still cannot replicate the whole signal...

In the options I can only configure the decimal separator... (Just downloaded the actual Chronojump Version)
So if it is not possible to get the complete raw data out of Chronojump, is it possible to give me the connection information, so I can write a quick Matlab tool to collect data?
I´m then of course happy to supply the code...!

Thanks in advance,

Niklas

------------------------
------------------------
xavi 03-19-2014, 06:55 PM
------------------------

Hello, if you just want the signal coming from Encoder + Chronopic, then read this file:

chronojump-last-encoder-data.txt

that should be in your temp folder
Linux: /tmp
Windows: you can write %TEMP% or %TMP% in a terminal to know it.

With this you will have the mm moved every millisecond of the last signal you loaded, reloaded, analyzed...

But if you want to know if our filtering methods are ok, I have not problem in adding to the software a "Export all" that prints all the signal and it's kynematics without separating it in different curves.

Cheers.

------------------------
------------------------
Nb2188 03-19-2014, 07:14 PM
------------------------

Hi Xavi,

Perfect, I will try this tomorrow! Thank you very much!
Also this type of export would be great! The filters are not the problem, but I need to further process the signal and therefore need the whole signal, not only the curves pre-analyzed curves...

So thank you anyways!

Regards,

Niklas
Reference URL's